Monday, November 7, 2011

Coming along


Here are some pics of my first prototype drumitar during the building process. I have tried many different ways of building the piezo pads and it seems to me that the simpler the better. So my current design is using a small piezo transducer glued directly to a piece of thin fiberglass plate. Its the best I've found so far. The current Instrument has 12 input triggers, 6 simple on,off triggers and 6 velocity sensitive piezo triggers. The circuit board I'm using is based an arduino board designed and supplied as a kit from Tom Scarff. The circuit board converts the trigger input into midi , which is sent via cable to an sr16 drum machine. It is working well and I have been playing it with my band for the last few weeks. I will post some more up-to-date pics when I get a chance.







No comments:

Post a Comment